For the return of all unwanted ZUMTOBEL, acdc and other goods please complete the Return of Goods form
to submit a request. Requests must include a valid ZG Product Code and relevant Invoice number(s).
Receipt of your request will be confirmed by email to the details provided upon submission and further updates will be provided in due course by the Customer Returns team.
For additional assistance telephone: 0191 365 2222
(selecting option 3 then 2) or email: [email protected]
or [email protected]
Customers should not raise any debit notes before a Request for return (RFR) agreement number has been issued, as we cannot consider any unauthorised debit notes for return of goods and will request the cancellation of the debit note immediately.
We will look to respond to requests to return of goods within 48 hours. Once agreed the authorisation is only valid for 30 days. All goods must be returned to our distribution centre, within this time to be accepted.
For all returns please ensure packaging is secure and products on pallets are adequately secured, a copy of the returns note must be affixed to the pallet or package in a clearly visible position to enable us to identify the product and customer on return to our warehouse.
What Products can be returned?
• Not all products are accepted for return.
• Any modified or custom products are strictly non-unreturnable.
• Other products have a returns group and upon application to return goods our Customer Returns team will assess your products against the assigned returned group and advise return eligibility.
What are the applicable handling charges based on product return group?
• Return Group 1,2,3 & 5
are returnable with a handling charge of 50%
• Return Group 4 & 9
and any custom or modified products are non-returnable
Criteria for Returnable Products
We are willing to consider the return of unwanted Products (as defined above) as long as they are unused and with packaging in pristine condition. Our interpretation of pristine is:
• Cartons generally clean, but can have minor marking’s.
• The cartons can be slightly scuffed, but free from holes, indentations.
• General construction of the cardboard should be intact and not collapsed through damp or squashing, particularly in the corners.
• It should be clear that the condition of the carton has protected the product inside from damage.
• To help you determine this we will not accept back any product that you would not be prepared to resell to your customers or buy yourself.
• Products to be returned must have been purchased no more than 12 months ago. The date code on the carton must also show the product to be no more than 1 year old
If returned products are received in our distribution centre and determined to be older than the maximum of 1 year, or the product is in a condition that renders it non saleable, we will ask our customer if they want to collect the product returned and they will be requested to withdraw the debit note. If no response is given, the product will be scrapped after 5 business days.
All these products will be accepted back with a handling charge
provided the following applies:
• In good resalable condition (see above)
• Current range
• Accompanied by a Request for Return (RFR) Number.
• An accurate debit note that quotes an approved Request for Return (RFR) number and states the purchase invoice numbers.
• Product should have been purchased no more than 12 months ago
• The Product was manufactured no more than 1 year ago
• Standard Product
Our Customer Returns team will process the debit note and ensure that once goods have been returned and confirmed to be in resalable condition, the appropriate credit is issued as quickly as possible.
Return of Thorn or Thorn ECO brand products
For the return of THORN and THORN ECO Brands please refer to the THORN Returns Policy
What if we want to request the return a mix of Zumtobel Group product Brands?
Complete the Return of Goods form listing all products to be returned ensuring that appropriate Invoice or Purchase Order numbers are included.
The above policies do not affect your statutory rights and should be read in conjunction with our standard terms and conditions of sale available on our website.