The world's first continuous light line meets the highest requirements in terms of architecture and lighting technology.
"SLOTLIGHT infinity combines Zumtobel's lighting competence with Arup's multidisciplinary engineering skills that are underpinned by a profound understanding of lighting, design and architecture. The result is a continuous light line – a kit consisting of light and control options that provide the customer with a truly integrated, energy-efficient solution."
Consulting by Arup, Stephen Philips
Eh* daylight and artificial light
Getting ready for sleep
Colour temperature: 3000 K
Eh*: more than 500 lx
Objective: synchronisation of people's circadian rhythm, no interference with melatonin release, restful sleep
During the day with cloudy sky
Colour temperature: 6000 K
Eh*: more than 800 lx
Objective: enhancing people's well-being through well-matched colour temperature, accordingly cooler light colours with overcast sky
During the day at sunshine
Colour temperature: 4000 K
Eh*: more than 1000 lx
Objective: enhancing people's well-being through well-matched colour temperature, accordingly warmer light colours during sunshine
Stimulation in the morning
Colour temperature: 5000 K
Eh*: more than 500 lx
Objective: synchronisation of people's circadian rhythm, complete suppression of melatonin release
Biological lighting effect
- User study on the lighting quality perceived in offices, conducted jointly with Fraunhofer IAO, shows that users' preferences with respect to colour temperature differ strongly
- Office users rate their working situation significantly higher if it is possible for them to adjust the lighting to their personal needs
- SLOTLIGHT infinity tunableWhite in combination with lighting management supports and stabilises people's circadian rhythms in accordance with the design recommendations as set out in DIN SPEC 67600:201304
Wallwasher for blackboards
Adjusted to current blackboard dimensions and the demanding visual tasks found in schools, a 3 m or 4 m long SLOTLIGHT infinity wallwasher illuminates the vertical blackboard areas at 500 lx, providing uniformity of 0.7 in compliance with applicable standards. The uniform vista is left undisturbed by any protruding components.
With its asymmetrical light distribution, SLOTLIGHT infinity uniformly illuminates vertical wall areas and pictures, thus upgrading, for example, circulation areas. Since the reflector is inside the luminaire, the wallwasher cannot be recognized as such from outside.
Diffuser for the office
With this diffuser, SLOTLIGHT infinity reduces glare to UGR < 19, thus ensuring task lighting in conformity with applicable standards according to EN12464:2011 (UGR < 19 and L65 < 3000 cd/m2). The brilliant luminaire is ideally suited for offices, schools and conference rooms.
Its optic with diffuse light distribution marks SLOTLIGHT infinity as an unobtrusive and efficient light line with a uniform appearance. Its areas of use range from reception areas and corridors to rest areas and break-out zones.
The luminaire channel has already been electrified and fitted with all light sources, control gear and through-wiring have already been integrated as well.
LED batten 3
LED batten 2
LED batten 1
Less is quicker
- Compared to other light lines, fewer parts need to be ordered and installed
- Easier assembly and installation
- Plug'n'play – a screw-driver is the only tool the electrical installer will need
1. Insert luminaire channel into the mounting frame and fasten to the U-shaped
plaster bracket using the slotted disk
2. Push LED batten into place and complete mechanical connection
3. Effect through-wiring by connecting all seven poles via one plug only
A front-end piece skilfully hides the end of the diffuser, while at the same time providing sufficient space for thermal expansion. Cracks in the ceiling around the luminaire caused by temperature fluctuations are thus a thing of the past.
Optic all coiled up
- Optic is supplied as a continuous 20-metre diffuser roll
- Other lengths: 8, 10, 15 and 20 metres
- Simply cut to length with a box cutter
- Optimised for single-person installation
- Blue protective film protects luminaire against dirt until completion of construction work
Special length of 500 mm + 62.5 mm
The light line that can be perfectly adjusted to the room dimensions
- Standard lengths for fluorescent lamps do no longer have to be considered – a new dimension of flexibility
- Individual design and ordering by the metre – this equally applies to length, illuminance level and luminaire efficiency
- LED light line available in standardised length increments of 250 mm
- For precise adaptation of the light line to the room dimensions, lengths starting from 250 mm in increments of only 62.5 mm are possible as special design
1 m LED batten
Multifunctional sports complex, Saarbrücken | Germany
The fixing element detaches itself when the formwork is removed. The standard elements of the SLOTLIGHT infinity family are used for the further installation.
Attachment to the formwork is performed using a fixing element. The concrete recessed channel is simply pressed onto this.
- Perfectly cast SLOTLIGHT infinity for elegant and architecturally sophisticated solution in corridors and traffic zones
- Pouring channel ensures precise and flush installation in concrete ceilings or concrete walls
- Available in lengths of one, two, three and four metres
- Corner element and wall mounting springs also ensure high design diversity in concrete