More slender design plus greater precision: modular lighting system featuring edge-lit LED technology.
“Product development of the new CAELA luminaire was triggered by innovative edge-lit technology. The high-precision finish of the luminaire's diffuser material allows for accurate diffusion of the light emitted. At the same time, a low mounting height is made possible by the intelligent arrangement of its components. The product range includes wall-mounted, ceiling-mounted and pendant luminaires. When developing the range, priority was given to a minimum use of tools and to compatibility. In order to create a clear design, preferably without any frame, the housing fades into the background, allowing the light emitting panel to achieve optimum effect. Several CAELA lighting modules can be arranged to form multifaceted lighting sculptures.”
Graft Berlin, 2015
Asymmetrical light distribution
The transparent CAELA model illuminates corridors and staircases in conformity with applicable standards: thanks to innovative technology, a small number of wall-mounted luminaires is enough to provide a level of 100 to 150 lux that is required on the floor – without any additional ceiling-mounted luminaires.
Symmetrical light distribution
The opal CAELA model combines Lambert's light distribution, which provides welcoming general lighting, with uniformity in design and functional terms: its light is highly uniform; its opal diffuser reaches right to the edges of the timelessly unobtrusive luminaire.
The pendant kit provided as accessory includes
a diffuser, a ceiling rose and a 2000 mm long pendant tube that can be cut to length by the customer as required.
Surface-mounted on ceiling
Round or square, large or small, diffuse or transparent: the mounting height of all models is only 57 mm.
Surface-mounted on wall
No matter what size, light distribution or design: the surface-mounted CAELA protrudes only
57 mm into the room.
Modular lighting system
- The whole CAELA product range is based on a standard base plate
- Depending on the model, it can be used to create a round or square luminaire with symmetrical or asymmetrical light distribution
- It can therefore be mounted on the ceiling or wall without any extra accessories, or modified in size, design or beam pattern
Variable pendant suspension
The pendant tube, which comes with a length of 2000 mm as standard, can be cut to length on site as required, which makes it very easy to create various different mounting heights. As the luminaires also rotate through 355° and pivot through up to 45°, several luminaires can be configured, if required, to create an arc, a wave or other architectural structures.
Few components, little effort and perfect time management
- Design optimised for installation by one person
- Luminaire is securely fitted in just a few steps
- Base plate, which is used as standard for all luminaire models, is simple screw-fastened from the front
- Complete luminaire unit is locked quickly and without any tools via a spring catch mechanism
- Two additional safety catches ensure vandal-proofness
Close locking mechanism
(pay attention to the indicator)
Upon completion of construction:
Put on luminaire fixture
Luminaire connected to electricity
As early as during the construction phase: Base plate installation (standardised for all CAELA models)